Ladies, have you ever wondered why one armpit seems to have more hair than the other one a couple of days after you shave?
Find out this and more fun facts about your armpits below!
1. Each of your armpits is different. The amount of hair you have in each armpit, and the rate of growth is different.
2. King Camp Gillette invented razors for women in 1915.
3. Armpit hair grows faster during the day than at night.
4. Your skin has two types of sweat glands: eccrine glands and apocrine glands. Eccrine glands are on most of your body, but apocrine glands are in your armpits and your groin. The sweat produced by these glands is generally thicker than elsewhere on your body.
5. There are more than 20 million bacteria in your armpits.
6. The reason why armpits smell is not because of sweat. The combination of sweat and bacteria produces a substance known as thioalcohols, which is responsibly for the stinky smell.
7. Some people have a condition called hyperhidrosis, which is excessive sweating. Because this may be embarrassing, they opt for botox to reduce the amount of sweat they produce under their arms.
8. Children’s armpits do not smell because the process called adrenarche, which causes adrenal glands to secrete hormones called androgens, doesn’t begin until the age of 8, approximately.